Whoo hoo! We made it to the weekend! My addiction to the online world has increased somewhat lately and would you believe I’ve actually come across some pretty cool job adverts on Twitter! But before I came across these ads I came across a few links that made me smile and inspired me to try a few new things. I thought I’d share them with you, hope you enjoy them!
1) I’ve long suspected that Belfasties are among the happiest people in the UK, if not the world, in spite of our tendency to go a bit nuts at certain times of the year. This week my suspicions were confirmed in print and on screen when Afro-Mic Productions took to the streets in the howling wind and rain to capture some smiles on camera. Here is the result. Try not to tap your feet, go on… I DARE YOU! 😉
2) Everyone likes to be a bit naughty on the weekends. (Drag your minds back out of the gutter for a moment if you will!) My particular vice is chocolate and despite what better people than me profess I am pretty certain I could never tire from eating it. However, the button on my jeans would likely take someone’s eye out if I ate it nearly as much as I’d like to so it is for health and safety reasons I present Deliciously Ella’s raw brownies. Yum.
3) I can never be bothered to do much with my mop but thanks to budget constraints I’m not going to be able to afford the luxury of getting my roots touched up as often as I’d like – the horror – unless my job situation improves dramatically and someone decides to pay me a lot of money. Enter the casual side braid. Of course I can’t manage make my hair look exactly like the image but the result’s not half bad and if it means I get another few weeks out of my colour that’s a winner in my books. There’s even a DIY link to making your own lipstick at the bottom of the tutorial.
4) Perfecting the art of haggling is a necessity when on a budget and Miss Thrifty‘s tips are swiftly becoming my mantra – much to the delight of my mother.
5) Since I discovered A Beautiful Mess – of best ever breakfast fame – a wee while ago I’ve been studying their posts with great interest and they haven’t disappointed. If you’re a fan of Instagram check out their app for windows and iPhone which will make your pics appear très tech-savvy – even if you are not. And seeing as it’s the weekend check out this easy recipe for Whisky Sours. Cheers!xx